Knee Osteoarthritis is a chronic condition that affects millions of Americans every day.
Southwest Georgia Center of Medicine offers a non-surgical, natural knee fluid replacement therapy that relieves pain, improves mobility, and restores function. The treatment consists of a series of natural injections of Sodium Hyularonate, commonly known as Hyularonic Acid or Hyularonan. Naturally occurring in the joint, Hyularonan is the fluid that provides cushion, lubrication, and acts as a shock absorber within the knees. By replacing this fluid, we have helped thousands of patients in the Americus area alone reduce pain, avoid knee replacements, and, most importantly, get back to enjoying their daily lives.
Benefits of Non-Surgical Knee Fluid Replacement Therapy:
- Painless, in-office treatment
- Lasts for at least 6 months
- No opioid drugs
- No corticosteroids
- Avoid a long, painful recovery from a surgical knee replacement
Why Consider Avoiding or Delaying Total Knee Replacement Surgery:
- One-third of people continue to experience Chronic Pain
- 1 in 5 are dissatisfied with their results
- “Minimal effects on quality of life” especially in less severe cases according to this studies
- Continued chronic pain increases need for drugs and potential for addition
- Surgical Complications